Denver, CO, US (United States)
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honored to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index.
About this role
What will you be responsible for?
- Support analysis and reporting related to forecasting, business plans and other business planning initiatives
- Maintain and further improve BPC systems functionality
- Develop presentations, memos and key messages to communicate strategic priorities for corporate and regional audiences
- Support continuous improvement projects to drive system and process efficiency
- We guide the development of content and facilitation of workshops and teambuilding activities
- Engage and collaborate with the global planning team, regional leadership and other executives to deliver Planning’s business priorities
Your role will consist of
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
- We provide support for budget and forecast reporting, as well as BPC system support
- We assist with the development of messaging and communications plans across the end-to-end Planning process; ensure quality and consistency of team output and effective management of the Planning brand
- We provide support to Planning leadership team; lead communication of strategic programs and Planning calendar
- We support development of Planning workshops and other partner meetings to achieve desired outcomes
- We support continuous improvement efforts across all aspects of the planning process
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills, and experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- Undergraduate degree required (preferably Accounting or Finance; Engineering or related field)
- Acuity in accounting, business and planning concepts and methodologies
- 3-5 years of business experience preferred
- 3-5 years of systems experience preferred in planning, forecasting and consolidation software (e.g. BPC or Hyperion)
- Experience with process improvement, process driven technology improvements
- Experience in working with global teams and interacting with all levels of management
Skills and Abilities:
- The role requires initiative, tact and excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships across multiple functions and at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills; conceptual understanding of financial data and applications of accounting principles, as well as financial modeling
- Ability to effectively communicate and present financial information– translate financial and data driven information into management presentations
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and work effectively within a multi-national/ multi-cultural environment
- Ability to make decisions, take initiative, identify issues, generate solutions and contribute to actions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Working conditions and location
Where you will be located!
- The position is located in the Denver corporate office.
- Position may be required to travel to, and assist other domestic and international sites.
The salary range offered for this role is $75,680 to 99,330. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.