Date: Apr 14, 2021Location:
Accra, GA, GH (Ghana)
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To effectively manage the regional Continuous Improvement (CI) deployment within business improvement which impacts all sites within the region.
- To provide requested deliverables on schedule and on budget using standard continuous improvement methodologies to continuously improve on what occurs by designing and tracking initiatives to meet the set targets.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead and manage special projects costing anywhere in the thousand and millions of United States Dollars (USD).
- Deploy programs and identify business opportunities.
- Diagnose, design and sustain special projects’ programs under their management.
- Prioritise, deliver and report on the special projects.
- Organise / coordinate training and facilitation of projects.
- Organise workshops, interviews, coaching and facilitation as well as presentations.
Regional Management Budget and Cost Control
- Track and manage cost of initiatives.
- Manage the regional management budget and cost – prepare the annual budget, review and track costs against the budget and report deviations from the budget.
Continuous Improvement Projects
- Train and coach staff members.
- Carry out opportunity identification, analysis, execution, tracking and sustainment.
- Set targets and actuals analysis, variance reviews and mitigations.
- Supervise allocated staff member(s) – prioritise and allocate tasks / responsibilities, check and control the quality of work outputs.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree including Earth Science is preferred.
- A minimum of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or an equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge around risk and change management.
- Knowledge of business improvement is preferable.
- A minimum of 10 years’ of business experience preferably in business improvement.
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating meetings and events for small and large groups of people; strong process facilitation and presentation skills.
- Advance administrative skills.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance mathematical ability.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advance project / program management and coordination skills.
- Advance facilitation / consultation and management skills.
- Advance planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Risk management and change management skills.
- Research and reporting skills.
- Business Continuity Management skills.
- Capacity Planning skills.
- Motivational and networking skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Quality Management skills.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Work in environment of competing priorities
- Continuous Learning.
- Incumbent will be required to travel on regular basis.
- Incumbent will be required to work on extended working hours.
- The role involves continuous strong and complex analytical skills.