Date: Feb 5, 2021Location:
Brong-Ahafo Region, BA, GH (Ghana)
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To coordinate and deliver the hospitality and transport management which includes camp and MKV accommodation units. Accountable for general office supplies management, a range of financial related activities for the departmental (such as petty cash management , invoice processing , and SAP requisitions), domestic travel reservations and general support of the department resulting in recommendations for service improvement.
- Manage and coordinate the following for effective administrative practices:IT request catalogues.Office supplies (Stationary, beverage, consumables) through regular stock taking/inventory for cost effectiveness.
- Request, disburse and manage department ‘s funds and/Petty cash including per diem allowances for drivers.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of department’s monthly accruals.
- Manage SAP requisitions and reservations for all support services’ contractors and vendors and ensure service entry sheet is created for all invoices and sent to Finance.
- Coordinate and manage domestic business travel processes and provide timely updates when necessary.
- Coordinate some Departmental projects from initiation to completion.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, standard operating procedures and other documents that are appropriate to the work place.
- Coordinate and follow up Supply Chain Department on all requisitions to confirm completion of processes in accordance with established procedures.
- Conduct regular inspections on MKV and Camp A buildings.
- Monitor the state of MKV houses and equipment to ensure they are presentable and functional.
- Conduct periodic inspections on contractor fleet of vehicles and workshops to ensure that contractor adheres to contractual provisions and company policies and procedures and submit reports to supervisor.
- Conduct periodic inspections on Newmont fleet of vehicles to ensure insurance & preventive maintenance checks are up to date.
Training & Experience
- Minimum of First Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent.
- Detailed Knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of the Newmont’s invoicing and requisition processes, procedures and systems
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in office Administration environment, with exposure to administrative activities.
- Strong experience in hospitality and third-party contract management.
- Strong system administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at the desk for extended periods
- Work Environment : the noise level in the office work environment is minimal.