Date: Dec 11, 2020Location:
Perth, WA, AU (Australia)
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped camp is located 40km from the site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin.
Reporting to the Superintendent Health, Safety and Security, The Medical Advisor role provides specialist pre-hospital and primary care management, pre-employment and surveillance medical screening, fitness for work testing and Workers Compensation.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Brisbane, Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting assessments and treatments of patients for both work and non-work related injuries and medical conditions in accordance with Newmont Tanami protocols and procedures.
- Establishing and maintain medical records for employees and contractors and ensure the security and confidentially of such records.
- Making recommendations to site access as to the medical suitability of each prospective employee upon receipt of a medical assessment from a suitably qualified medical practitioner.
- Co-ordinating and / or conduct various medical assessments including emergency response, biological monitoring, health surveillance, periodic medicals and other assessments as required.
- Leading and conduct blanket drug and alcohol testing requirements site wide in accordance with Newmont Tanami’s Drug & Alcohol Screening program.
- Providing communication of results via the relevant communication channels and assist with the management of persons within this program
- Contributing to the management of the Tanami Medical Centre’s including housekeeping, equipment checks / certification and ordering of medical supplies and consumables.
- Minimum Cert IV Health Care – Paramedical Services
- 5 – 7 years Medic experience, preferably in the mining industry or Oil and Gas Industries (Preferred)
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of fitness for work requirements, Workers Compensation and occupational health rehabilitation services
- Exposure and understanding of Emergency Response processes, including equipment
- A minimum of three years active medic experience within an emergency / critical care environment.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current driver’s license, passing a police clearance and pre-employment medical.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
More About Newmont
- Website: http://www.newmont.com
- Lifecycle of a Mine: https://www.newmont.com/lifecycle-of-a-mine/
- Blog: https://www.newmont.com/blog-stories/
- Annual sustainability report: https://www.newmont.com/sustainability/sustainability-reporting/
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now » at Newmont Career Website