Date: Dec 11, 2020Location:
Timmins, ON, CA (Canada)
- The Mill Tailings Coordinator will report to the Mill Operations and Metallurgical Superintendent and will work closely with the Responsible Tailings Facility Engineer.
- This role will involve coordinating with mill supervisors and workers, site supervisors as well as supervising contractors performing work on site. This may involve communication with corporate Subject Matter Experts.
- The work will be based at the Porcupine mill and active tailings facility.
The Mill Tailings Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination of tailings operational activities and implementation of key initiatives to safely operate the active tailings facility (6TMA). In collaboration with the Responsible Tailings Facility Engineer, the Mill Tailings Coordinator will support tailings management and tailings construction activities. This role will also manage the harvesting activities of closed tailings facilities for the use as backfill at Hoyle Pond Underground Mine.
- Promote and adhere to company policies.
- Lead by example and supervise contractors to ensure compliance with safety requirements.
- Coordinate with safety staff to develop safe work procedures.
- Coordinate tailings deposition plan to align with the Tailings Management Plan.
- Perform periodic tailings inspections and review surveillance activities while taking necessary action to address identified areas of concern.
- Take initiative to complete actions from reviews and assessments to improve tailings management.
- Assist with managing construction activities.
- Perform necessary reporting of activities, dam performance and tailings management.
- Maintain and update documentation associated with managing the tailings facility.
- Responsible for the harvesting activities of closed tailings facilities for use as paste backfill for Hoyle Pond Underground mine. Including the management of contractors excavating, loading and hauling the tails to the paste plant at Hoyle.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years of mine experience with preference in tailings, processing, or Geotech.
- P.Eng is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work.
- Ability to influence other work groups to collaboratively accomplish tasks.
- This role is located at the Porcupine Mine Site near Timmins, Ontario.
- In this role, you will work Monday through Friday. As a result, if you do not live near the Timmins area, we will require relocation.
TBDApply now at Newmont career Website