ate: Dec 23, 2020Location:
Brong-Ahafo Region, BA, GH (Ghana)
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.Purpose
To operate utility equipment such as small excavators, small loaders, rock breaker, recovery truck, small water truck, telehandler, stemming loader, compactor for road works, wall cleanups and etc. at Newmont in a safe and efficient manner.Essential Duties I
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Mine Operations Shift Supervisor and follow specified instructions and daily plans for Load and Haul, as well as Mine Dewatering, prior to the execution of activities.
- Operate one and / or a variety of fleet equipment such as small excavators, small loaders, rock breaker, recovery truck, small water truck, telehandler, stemming loader, compactor.
- Communicate with the Dispatcher regarding hazards encountered to provide sufficient information to the incoming Operators for the smooth running of Operations.
Essential Duties II
- Understand standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and standard task procedures (STP’s), according to the assigned work schedule; interpret and execute on the work schedule.
- Conduct the following activities:
- Pit wall clean ups.
- Building of windrows.
- Digging trenches and other earthworks.
- Positioning water pipelines.
- Feeding mobile crushers.
- Inspect visually and listen to machinery and equipment to diagnose the cause of malfunctions.
- Comply with safe utility equipment procedures.
The above duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate.
- MINCOM Equipment Competency.
- License D & E for trucks.
- Minerals Commission Permit.
- Good knowledge of lockout / tag out procedures.
- General understanding of permitting requirements for various activities.
- General knowledge in mid-to-heavy equipment operation.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience working with Code D & E Vehicles in an open pit mine environment.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit in the cabin of heavy mining equipment tracking over uneven surfaces for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Apply on Newmont Website