Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
In this role you will report to the Surface mobile maintenance supervisor.
The successful applicant must be competent in inspecting, repairing, and maintaining surface mobile mining equipment. Performing work on structural, mechanical, electrical and electronic systems.
- Responsible for his/her health and safety
- Correct and report unsafe practices and conditions
- Maintain a safe and healthful workplace
- Make suggestions to improve any aspect of safety
- Follow all Newmont Porcupine safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for troubleshooting, disassembling, repairing, and performing predictive and preventive maintenance on surface mobile equipment
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer’s specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work of equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
- Responsible for compliance with OHSA, Corporate and Porcupine Environmental Regulations, Safety and Sustainability Standards
- Responsible to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals both within the department and cross-department
- Must be highly motivated, organized and must be capable of decision-making
- Responsible for providing own tools
- Assisting in other works areas may be required
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Must be a certified Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or Truck and Coach Technician or Automotive Service Technician
- Must have experience maintaining surface mobile equipment including loaders, trucks, drills, personnel carriers and service type vehicles and excavators
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, computer and written skills
- Must be able to organize work and self-motivate
- Must be willing to work with others
- Be technically competent
- This position is located at our Dome site, part of Newmont’s Porcupine Mine located near Timmins, ON.
- In this role you will work a 5x5x4 schedule, which means we do need you to live near the mine site.
Please enter Job Number 11021 to submit your application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All properties owned by Porcupine Operations are Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.
Apply at Newmont Career Website