Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders. Purpose
- To supervise and coordinate Shovel and Drill maintenance work to ensure that production plans are realized.
- To lead and support mechanics, electricians, technicians and operators in the delivery of maintenance work to ensure that specifications are met, and objectives are achieved in an effective and efficient manner.
Mine Maintenance Planning
- Manage adherence of maintenance to all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision and values.
- Provide information to assist in the preparation of maintenance operating cost forecasts, budgets and monthly maintenance reports.
- Organize, distribute and coordinate all maintenance works at the mine areas to support all the activities assigned to mine maintenance, including planning.
- Work with the stores / procurement department to ensure that all the necessary maintenance parts and supplies are available to maintain the mining plant and associated facilities.
- Assist in the development and review of the maintenance standard task procedures (STPs).
Mine Maintenance Supervision
- Oversee Shovel and Drill maintenance work in all mining areas.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Assist in major work and troubleshooting on the drill rigs and excavators.
- Conduct shift handover meetings.
- Provide technical support when major works are carried on any of the plant and / or equipment.
- Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching to ensure employees gain new skills and achieve their maximum potential.
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions
- Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repairs (MTTR)
Health and Safety Management
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensuring that safe work practices are followed.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings and inspections.
- Attend monthly safety inspection and meetings.
- Produce various reports (progress reports, incident reports jobs etc. and submit the report to the General Foreman.
- Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Schedule tasks for the team according to the plan.
- Provide and coordinate support to the team to execute the maintenance work to achieve results in a timely manner.
- Supervise allocated staff member(s) by:
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching.
- performing the first level of performance appraisal.
- recommending further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- recommending salary increases or promotions for staffdisciplining poor performance or actions (first level of disciplinary).
- approving leave (first signature) and
- enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings, etc.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Degree or HND/Advance Diploma/Tech (111) in mechanical / electrical engineering.
- MINCOM certification as Sectional Engineer
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of the work management process.
- Advanced knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance of drill rigs and excavators.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mining maintenance or similar environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ERP/CMMS.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to utilize the mechanical tools to install, maintain and repair equipment and power plant.
- Conflict management and influencing skills.
Position is in a very remote location.
- physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be required to work at heights.
- work environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- APPLY HERE : https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Birim-North-District-Shovel-&-Drill-Maintenance-Supervisor-ER/662836400/
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com. Find similar j