A 10 month-old baby girl has died in a tragic house fire at Pakaho, a cocoa growing community in the Amanfi Central District of the Western Region.
The National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) has also identified a 42-year-old man and a five-year-old girl as victims who died after suffering severe burns in the process.
NADMO’s preliminary investigations indicate that one of the rooms with fuel deposits caught fire when the five-year-old was playing with matches while her parents were outside the house.
The Friday afternoon fire also swept through at least six rooms displacing other tenants in the process.
A zonal coordinator for NADMO Isaac Kobina who confirmed the incident to Asaase News says the charred bodies have since been released to the families for burial.
Listen to Isaac Kobina, Zonal Coordinator, NADMO Amenfi Central District