Name of Employer: Authentix
Job Title: Program Operations Management
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Location: South Africa
The Director, Program Operations Manager, Southern Africa, is a key leadership position and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the operations of fuel marking and tax stamp program in Southern Africa region, along with direct Management responsibility for the Oil and Gas and Tax Stamp operational teams in the region. The Director shall be responsible for the efficiency of the business operations across the Southern African region, by establishing and following a set of policies and processes. The Southern African region includes all countries under the responsibility of the VP, Southern & East Africa.
– Graduate degree, preferable in Systems Engineering, Chemistry, or related science, or business
– Effective leadership and management
– 8+ years in Program Management execution
– Organization, drafting, implementation and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
– Working within a highly legislative driven environment
– Project management and service delivery expertise
– Ability to manage Customer and partner relationships
– Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload effectively
– Knowledge of procedures, standards and application of validation and Knowledge and applications of safety procedures (e.g. COSHH)
– Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft programs with a specific requirement of intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
– Effective communicator
– Oversee daily operations of the company and work of the operations teams (Engineering, Production Operations, Services, and IT).
– Directly Manage the Southern Africa operations team/s for both O&G programs and tax stamp programs
– Lead employees to foster a high-performance work environment, including recognizing and cultivating rising talent.
– Implement and manage O&G and Tax Stamp programs in the region
– Ensure regular audits are conducted in order to collect and report key data to write reports for internal and external use.
– Manage and coordinate the implementation activities as fuel marking operations expand to new terminals and deployment of tax stamp in local manufacturing facilities.
– Responsible for tracking and getting payments from clients and contractors delivered to ATX on time.
– Design and implement business processes and procedures to ensure accuracy and to improve efficiency
– Organize, manage and control the Authentix Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) required for implementation and ongoing operations.
– Monitor and analyze the marking and testing results and tax stamp inventory on a daily basis, including providing forecasts to the responsible PMO for the program
– Manage and provide training to applicable personnel to include subcontractors, partners, regional agents and clients.
– Establish and report on key performance indicators (KPIs)
– Ensure equipment is operating within contractual agreed obligations
Interface with the Project Management Office and Program Operations Management offices and other internal departments as required to facilitate effective communications.
– Proactively monitor the performance of the deployed solutions, report to stakeholders and take corrective action if necessary.
– Communicate project progress, timelines, status, schedules, risks, issues, and resolutions to stakeholders.
– Provide effective leadership and management
– Assist the Vice President to manage day to day relationships with Authentix consortium, the customers and local partners by building and maintaining a good working relationship through regular communication with key stakeholders.
– Assist the Vice President in sales support within the region
– Ensure compliance with corporate principles, values and policies
– Comply with health and safety policies and quality system
Desired Expertise and Skills:
– Advanced language skills in English (written and verbal).
– Experience working directly in production/manufacturing operations, logistics or auditing and preferably in O&G or FMCG verticals
– Experience with other downstream Oil & Gas activities and FMCG
– Approximately 50% domestic travel in the Southern Africa region (oftentimes for weekly stays) is required