Date: Dec 19, 2020Location:
Englewood, CO, US (United States)
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname.
Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.About this role
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
With operations on four continents, we are honored to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index.Your role will consist of
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
- Apply in-depth finance, accounting and mining knowledge to build meaningful insights and conclusions from sophisticated information. Understand underlying drivers and assumptions of closure plans and build effective process and reporting tools to develop estimates and communicate outcomes and actions
- Develop and maintain specialist solid understanding of financial estimate tools and reporting needs for the group and regions
- Conduct closure estimate reviews, provide analytical insights and track issues to completion
- Engage with corporate, regional and site teams to efficient support the closure estimate processes and presentation of financial information
- Manage delivery of ad hoc analysis and reporting to achieve efficient results
- Develop and manage schedules and support the closure governance structure and cadence of meetings, materials and actions to support effective achievement of goals and close out of issues
- Direct/support continuous improvement program, collect partner feedback and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the closure processes, including standardizing and facilitating sharing of standard methodologies
- Act as a Business Partner ensuring excellent customer service that drives improved value delivery
- Develop and support the closure estimate update schedule and annual governance process and result tracking, ensure flexibility and drive improvements that support quality and timely delivery
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.Your training, skills, and experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with significant mining experience – or – mining related field with significant finance experience
- Broad financial and economic understanding required
- Broad understanding of mining and closure issues
- Experience communicating business insights to Executives and Directors required
- Minimum 10 years of mining related finance experience working closely with operations; mix of site regional and corporate experience preferred
- Mining related project modeling, planning, and accounting experience – closure related experience preferred
- Experience in people leadership and organizational change preferred
- Experience required in working with global teams and interacting with all levels of management
Skills and Abilities:
- The work is sophisticated in nature and the role requires: initiative, tact and efficient oral and written communication skills as well as excellent analytical skills
- Ability to build positive relationships and work with multiple groups in several locations, interacting with all levels of management and across a broad base of functions
- Excellent organizational change and partner engagement skills
- Ability to think strategically and be comfortable moving between strategic and tactical requirements
- Understanding of role as a service provider and business partner
- Experience in planning, project modeling, accounting and finance issues in the mining industry
- Broad financial and economic modeling skills required
- Ability to operate efficiently in a team environment is essential
- Ability to influence and lead change at multiple levels across the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), experience working with SAP/BPC
Where you will be located!
- The position is located in the Denver corporate office.
- Position may be required to travel to, and assist other domestic and international sites.
To learn more about Newmont visit us at:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine’s life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont’s blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont’s regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont’s annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company.
In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.
Apply at Newmoncareers.com