Date: Dec 19, 2020Location:
Thunderbay, ON, CA (Canada)
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.Underground Miners
Musselwhite Mine is seeking energetic, Underground Miners with a positive attitude to join our dedicated team. We have openings in the areas of Logistics/Services, Production and Development mining groups. Responsibilities
• Working safely in the underground environment
• Take direction from the Leaders and/or Underground Supervisors
• Be an engaged and active member of a highly productive team
• Production Mining
• Operate manual and remote scooptrams
• Development mining Requirements
• 2-7 years of underground mining experience
• Experience in mechanized mining
• HITE training preferred but not mandatory
• Ability to sit/drive for up to 10 hours daily
• Ability to lift up to 41 lbs.
• Experience with large boom trucks, haul trucks development preparation, drilling, blasting and scooptrams, both manual and remote control
• Possess Ontario Common Core certification
• Current and valid driver’s license preferred
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 11-hour days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.