Authorities at Valley View University have switched to partial online lectures for all students from Tuesday, 23 February after a student died of COVID 19.
The decision was taken after an emergency meeting attended by deans and pro vice chancellor of the university.
The University has also announced plans to embark on a mass testing after some close friends of the deceased student tested positive for COVID 19.
The directive is contained in a circular to students cited by Ghextractives.com.
Covid 19 in Valley View University
Good afternoon colleagues, hope you’re doing well.
Please the Deans and the Pro-VC just had an emergency meeting and the following are the outcome:
1. One Theology student passed on last Friday as a result of covid19 at the Ga East hospital when he collapsed at the hall and was rushed to our hospital and was subsequently transferred to the Ga East hospital.
2. Based on that, some testing were carried out with his close friends and some of them have tested positive
3. Lectures are now going to be full online from Tuesday onwards ie 23rd February including level 100 students
4. Tomorrow 22nd February there shouldn’t be any lectures, lecturers should upload their teaching materials on the elearning platform.
5. Preparations are underway to carry out mass testing on campus.
Kindly pass the above information to lecturers in your departments.