Date: Feb 18, 2021Location:
Perth, WA, AU (Australia)
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped 800 bed camp is located 40km from the site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin.
- Tertiary qualifications in surveying.
- At least 2 years underground mine survey experience.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Proficiency in Leica instrumentation and Surpac software is desirable.
- Exposure to UAV and Pix4d software would be advantageous.
- Proactive attitude towards safety.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work unsupervised.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
More about Newmont
- Website: http://www.newmont.com
- Lifecycle of a Mine: https://www.newmont.com/lifecycle-of-a-mine/
- Blog: https://www.newmont.com/blog-stories/
- Annual sustainability report: https://www.newmont.com/sustainability/sustainability-reporting/